Guild abuse

Go down

Guild abuse

Post  Drakonius on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:30 pm

This is the fifth time in less than a week that I'm in the guild channel with an alt char and I see multiple high lvl members (not naming anyone in specific) bashing, laughing at or ignoring lower lvl members with questions, problems or requests for help. Sometimes the only thing I read in the guild channel are insults! The fact that new players don't know much about the game doesn't give you the right to laugh at them. There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. They're new, give them advice in stead of making fun of them!
My alt has been a victim to many of these things as well, and it has to stop right now.

There is no point in being in a guild if you're not willing to help eachother out, you might as well go solo in stead.
If lower levels need help in an instance and you're not busy, go help them out. Don't say crap like "I'll help when I'm bored" or "I don't feel like it". Guild members are supposed to help eachother out, that's how it was when I first joined and that's how it should stay. Drakonius tries to help out as many people as possible when they ask for help. I've helped many members with quests, corpse campers, instances, profession-related items, questions,... I don't see why it's so hard for others to do the same.

I am aware that there are also members who help others out. I'm not talking about you guys, we all know you rock. Smile

I hope that by making this post, some of those who aren't willing to help will reconsider their actions. If not, maybe Laras should remove the rotten apples from the basket.
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild abuse

Post  Zakamurte on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:46 pm

I'll just say one thing:
When a guild has 200+ members...like ours, its no longer a guild, its a circus.
Zakamurte
Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Yeah, i agree with you Drako, but you see, there are some low levels in guild that i may call... "parasites". They dont do anything useful for the guild, not even talk in guild channel, they only cry out when they want item from instance, or when they want something from the guild bank. Usually im keeping an eye of those 'parasites' and waiting for the good time to kick them from the guild... With Xromi, all im doing is PvP with friends, and its kinda not good to leave my friends to help someone who doesnt do anything but wait to be babysitted through instance. However,there are some good people, or at least not the 'parasite' type that i helped in instances. As for the questions they ask, if i saw 1 and knew the answer, i would help, but theres the case that i didnt see them coz of afk, concentrated in something like pvp or raid... Only thing im sorry is not finding time lately to help Jyri, he asked me once, i promised him to help later, but then my net Poofed, and i logged the other day =\ So Jyri if you find me online, i would make a run through RFD for ya.
Oh, talking for that, sometimes i see like 4-5 people the same level in the guild, and one of them wants a 70 to babysit him. Well, i in such situations advice him to go with the other guildies, its always better to go in guild party through instance, its interesting and it can bring closer the guild mates. And for those who thing that in party you will get less items, and are greedy as hell - PARASITE
Thats what i have to say

Code:
And welcome to Illuminati,
where the sun shines,
and the sky is blue.
But if u're not active,
be sure,
THEY WILL KICK U!

written by Dundertaker

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rag22naX on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:47 pm

like i said...i will not help any lowbie..if i dont see him on the forum..or if i dont know him good...cause they dont talk or nothing...

they just cry when they need a item from the bank or for a instance....and many times happend..that when i did go throught a instance for him...in a few days...he leavd the guild whitout saying nothing...

about the guild chat...u can always say to not laugh about ppl...who dont knows this game good and to behave better

have fun =)
Rag22naX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vooice on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:57 pm

hah.. i lowe lowlvl"s meke me laguh xD
vooice
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakonius on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:58 pm

The thing is, people see a low lvl and instantly think he's a noob/newbie and bash or laugh at him when he asks a question. I've had it happen to me a couple of days ago when I asked about the relic slot for shamans, and again when I asked about arenas while I was on with my low lvl char. People started shouting at me, yelling that I have to be level 70 for arenas and calling me an idiot. That is NOT the way guild members should behave towards each other...

About quests, I was referring to helping people kill an elite or something else for a drop item. Wink
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vooice on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Yeah right. Bot m8 thet"s a game... 70% players ar 12-17old thay ar not so smart yet my friend.. u cant blame them thay liew in ferytell. Smile
vooice
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Laras on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:18 am

I think we should try to treat everyone with respect. But this is also valid for lowbies. A couple of days ago there was continuous begging by a lavel 15 to many level 70's for a run in some instance.
Calling a guild member a noob in public guild chat is not nice.... there are better ways to solve the issue.
Laras
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:23 am

vooice wrote:Yeah right. Bot m8 thet"s a game... 70% players ar 12-17old thay ar not so smart yet my friend.. u cant blame them thay liew in ferytell. Smile
omg.. im 15 so what.. im stupid ? no my friend, there are stupid people and really stupid people, and that doesnt depend on age

Code:
And welcome to Illuminati,
where the sun shines,
and the sky is blue.
But if u're not active,
be sure,
THEY WILL KICK U!

written by Dundertaker

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiyo on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:00 am

well yeah, i agree mostly with drak. The tone in the guild isnt that nice sometimes.
But this guild has 200+ member, and thats too much. I am tired of heping someone because i dont know them and after 1 week he leaves the guild cause he said yeah i got one time help or so and then never so stupid guild i leave...

The problem is u cant help all and not all the time because there are too many. U cant help them all because every 10 min comes a new one. Naxx, brd, rfd, enchants all...

PS: i do it like ragnax meanwhile.. people who dont join the forum and dont visit get not really help.
Chiyo
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chavi on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Healboty wrote:
vooice wrote:Yeah right. Bot m8 thet"s a game... 70% players ar 12-17old thay ar not so smart yet my friend.. u cant blame them thay liew in ferytell. Smile
omg.. im 15 so what.. im stupid ? no my friend, there are stupid people and really stupid people, and that doesnt depend on age

gotta agree with x ...u can be stupid at any age lol! trust me
of course there are some exceptions...like allys becoming stupid when they pwn low lvls and spam 'N00B' on chat while being killed by ppl their own lvl ^^
chavi
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakonius on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Let's try to stay on topic for once please.
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ur_daddy on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:03 am

k... so i finally made an account (hi all)

I always try to help ppl when i can, specially now that im not farming instances, im more flexible to help

the only thing i look for is "please", "thx", "hi"

youd be surprised how many requests or demands i get for help and items without any of the 3 words above.

i even get ppl whispering me in one sentence like "help naxx" : people ive never talked to before are ORDERING me to help them, without saying hi, please or thx

i wont be much inclined to help....

if a guildy is decent enuf to talk properly, ill go out of my way to help, but if someone cant talk properly, ill make sure i dont help em even by mistake

ur_daddy
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiyo on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:41 pm

yeah good point. I experienced that also.. normally every time i log in.

Especially naxx, i begin to hate this word. "Come to naxx" is like the sentence i get 1 minute after i log in. No hi no nothing and even when its guild.. they cant even say hi, all u get is a short wispher when they need help. What is actually pretty sad but that's how it goes.

and yes, i dont like to help those people. U can also say its a guild abuse Razz but u talked of bein rude an inpolite Wink
Chiyo
Sergeant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down