rogue build, on laras request :P

Go down

rogue build, on laras request :P

Post  geril on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:55 pm

here a few tips about rogue talents, shedax asked me, i guess laras was on him

dont take assassination, coz the main thing multitate is bugged, doesnt give u 50% bonus dmg when the target is poisoned, that screws up most stuff, they should fix it T_T,
plus, ppl can block and parry ur envenom when i tried it last time lol and evenom is one of the main skills from asn tree

for combat go spec like this, (combat if u wanna go dps in raids)
u can ofc take some other talents like instead of reduced cooldowns on sprint or evasion
but i picked that coz u have sometimes to run for the raid and vanish, and u can take different weapon spec, i took sword coz its the best if u got proper swords

hint: expertise doesnt work

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0eb0xZMjVb0VzxbGotx

and this is mostly how i am speccd for pvp:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0xZhbxdZxMgorGRsxot
some ppl use daggers and backstab, but i can tell u hemorrage and a slow main hand weapon do xtimes better
u cant always be behind targets, players that run around u alot when fightting like me Razz
and mages that blink, etc...and shadowstep is so important for mages and when ppl fear u u can trinket and immediately port to them,
and yea i got in combat points for riposte, its useful against warriors....and ret pallys...very useful Wink

some while ago i was combat speccd for arena, its good coz u always get ur cds refreshed each time u enter, so u got always have adrenaline rush ready^^
here pvp/combat lulz
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0xZG0EzrVzxbGoZxMgoM

mace spec doesnt work, improved kidney shot doesnt, cheat death doesnt T_T, serrated blades doesnt but u need it for hemo, and i doubt sight of hand does, these some of which i am sure and which would be useful to take, oh and one more as rogue u better only try to get agi gems in every gem slot, it gives u AP, crit, dodge.....though i got some extra gear for hit rating in raids where i got less agi but more hit rating, 250 hit rating is completely enough if u wanna know ;p, i know what i wrote here is nothing special but thats how i do it and i have defeated any possible player somehow Very Happy and have been pretty mostly top dps with that build, well earlier i used daggers and combat talent tree, with backstab, was pretty good too if u want to know anything else, im glad to help ask me Very Happy, lol my nub guide Very Happy

geril
Corporal
Corporal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: rogue build, on laras request :P

Post  Shadex on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:24 pm

i think the rogue is running with the Pvp - Backstab build, and i find that a very good build, mostly because you get a load of combo points and can take down enemy's pretty quick (both pvp and pve)

allso riposte is a cheap way to win Smile it proc's 13% more then on retail.

But overall nice guide Smile

Glory and fame
Blood is our name
Souls full of thunder
Hearts of steel
Killers of men
Of warriors friend
Sworn to avenge our fallen brothers
To the end...
Shadex
Unknown.
Unknown.

View user profile http://illuminati.we.bs

Back to top Go down

Post  geril on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:16 pm

i know that about riposte >.<, but hey its only against warriors as a balance of not working cheat death >.<
lol cheap excuses XD

edit : shadex i think u missunderstood ><
i ment that i prefer hemo and a slow hand weapon because u cant be always behind your target to backstab it and anyway if ur enemy is rotating and u press backstab u waste ur energy but dont deal dmg, some server bug and sometimes u totally miss ambush and backstab, normally attacks from behind shouldnt be dodgeable or parryable or blockable....
thats why i prefer hemo and a slow hand weapon :p

geril
Corporal
Corporal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Laras on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:35 am

Thanks for the help Geril
Laras
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadex on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:36 am

geril wrote:i know that about riposte >.<, but hey its only against warriors as a balance of not working cheat death >.<
lol cheap excuses XD

i ment that i prefer hemo and a slow hand weapon because u cant be always behind your target to backstab it and anyway if ur enemy is rotating and u press backstab u waste ur energy but dont deal dmg, some server bug and sometimes u totally miss ambush and backstab, normally attacks from behind shouldnt be dodgeable or parryable or blockable....

Yeah i probaly did Smile i dont play rogue anymore - i play paly these days mostly Smile

Glory and fame
Blood is our name
Souls full of thunder
Hearts of steel
Killers of men
Of warriors friend
To the end...
Shadex
Unknown.
Unknown.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakamurte on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:24 am

geril wrote:i know that about riposte >.<, but hey its only against warriors as a balance of not working cheat death >.<
lol cheap excuses XD

Haha so I'm not the only one that gets those fail attacks when enemy moves, lol gay bug.
And when you attack a target from behind, he can't dodge, block or parry....this works...
Zakamurte
Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  geril on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:28 am

i know if i fight a tank with a shield as example.....i cant hit him from behind with ambush....last time i fought i know...either it misses or he blocks lol......or parry....from behind...maybe they fixed it >_>

geril
Corporal
Corporal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakamurte on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Well like this... I was so convinced that it doesn't work. But then I tested it with a warrior in full tanking gear. ALL my attacks from the front were dodged/blocked/parried, but from the back they were all hits.
In duels or any other pvp, when people are moving fast I do get dodged, but that must have been from lag.
Zakamurte
Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadex on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:00 pm

i gotta agree with geril.. some rogue attacks can slip out of the duel - but not all attacks from behind Smile

Glory and fame
Blood is our name
Souls full of thunder
Hearts of steel
Killers of men
Of warriors friend
To the end...
Shadex
Unknown.
Unknown.